Services for Moms
The Custody Project recognizes that there are
times of crisis when a family is financially overwhelmed.
The Custody project assists with care, custody, and visitation expenses, usually during extreme financial crises.
TCP provides financial assistance with visitation and custody expenses, such as:
- Legal Expenses, Court Costs, Attorney Costs, Transcripts
- Rent, Food, Utilities, Clothing, Childcare
- Educational and Medical Expenses
For more information about how we can help you, please see Tips
for Moms. Also, our Support Links page
provides the contact information and website links for many useful
organizations. Our Mission Statement, Annual Letter, Testimonials, Case Excerpts, Myths vs. Facts, and Poem are helpful, too.
If you are interested in applying for our grant and/or loan applications,
there are a few things to keep in mind:
- There must be a custody or visitation financial crisis.
- TCP's grants and loans are based upon financial
need. If your income is not enough to meet your financial custody
or visitation crisis, TCP might be able to assist.
- You must be the parent of the child(ren).
- The grant and loan applications are separate and you must designate
which one(s) you want.
- If you want one application, send a self-addressed stamped envelope
(SASE) with first class postage; if you want two applications,
send an SASE with twice as much postage to:
The Custody Project
PO Box 2313
Dublin CA, 94568-2313 USA
Send a $5.00 check, money order or cashier’s check payable
to The Custody Project to cover expenses if
you do not want to enclose SASE(s) and postage but want the
above information mailed to you. (Limit of two envelopes). Checks
must clear the bank.
- Answer all questions on the application(s) and provide the information
requested. If a question does not apply, write “NA”.
- If you need to, call between 10am and 4pm PST, Tuesday through
Friday. Leave a message at 925.828.6747 with your day and night
time telephone number(s) and good times to reach you.
It may take several days before you receive a volunteer's return
call during the day, on a weekend or during the evening, possibly
collect. At that point, you can call back direct. If you have
not received a return call within two weeks, call back!
There are times when we are unable to answer call waiting and
you will hear the telephone ring. If you do not get through,
- Applications are accepted year round.
- Your request may be granted in whole or in part, depending on
several factors, including available funding. If there are no
funds available, we cannot grant any portion of your request.
- TCP meets financial requests to its utmost
ability. We are honored to be of assistance.
At this time, TCP does not charge a fee for
its application process. You may make a donation. All contributions
are welcome and help defray expenses.
Paying for your own calls and postage allows TCP
to conserve its resources so that we can better meet financial
requests for grants and loans. Donations to help cover labor
expenses involved with application assistance are also welcome.
- Share our work with others. TCP
cannot send money to you unless others donate to us! Welcome donations
to The Custody Project, with our thanks!
If you or others want to help in different ways, such as distributing flyers, raising funds in your area, and/or in other ways, contact us. (For more information, see You Can Help).
If you are willing to provide a testimonial, please let us
- Thank you for allowing The Custody Project
to assist you.
Best Wishes to You and Yours,
The Custody Project