The Mission of the Africa Christian Youths Development Foundation clearly reflects the special biblical mandate given to us by the Lord Jesus in Matthew 9:37-38, and it reads:
"The harvest is so great, but the workers are so few.
So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest
Ask him to send out more workers for his fields."
The Foundation came into existence as a direct response to the above mandate, in September 2003, after a three-day National Christian Youths Leadership Seminar, organized by Project Hope-Nigeria at the University of Jos, Jos-Plateau State of Nigeria. From this very humble beginning, we have committed our resources, talents, energies and time towards facilitating and leading initiatives aimed at:
- Building and strengthening the individual capacities of young people to make biblically-shaped responses to social challenges in the contemporary world.
- Working with local churches and communities to inculcate family values and promote a greater sense of our shared experience.
- Nurturing the spiritual life of young Christians such that they become worthy Ambassadors of the Lord Jesus.
- Igniting young Christians for workplace transformation by modeling our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Equipping young Christians to minister effectively in the name of Christ in the Church and in society.